25.1.10

Notebook 07 Pg 102

-The Notes- 

  • "What would help your campaign?"                                                                                                   "The electorate not being a bunch of slack jawed idiots determined to vote themselves back into the poorhouse."
  • Stone face  Tube later
  • Nostalgia = retrospective utopia
  • * Past minus negative bits
  • * Truth but not complete
  • 'If we won the cold war it means the whole of Eastern Europe got classed as losers
  • 'Longing for a past but not for the past regime'
  • Cottage cheese and chocolate
  • WW2 the British interned a German Lion tamer
  • Fishing isn't all that much about fishing

-The Commentary-

"What would help your campaign?"

"The electorate not being a bunch of slack jawed idiots determined to vote themselves back into the poorhouse."
I heard this interview on Air America radio. People so often complain that what they want is honest politicians. This guy was being brutally honest and I'm guessing he has yet to even get to wrap his arms around the very bottom of the political greasy pole.


Stone face  Tube later
Some kind of shipping forecast for surfers perhaps? No idea. Any suggestions welcome.


Nostalgia = retrospective utopia
* Past minus negative bits
* Truth but not complete
This makes sense so I'll take a guess and say I was probably reading or listening to something about nostalgia. 


'if we won the cold war it means the whole of Eastern Europe got classed as losers
'Longing for a past but not for the past regime'
Ah, yes I remember now this is part of the above. They were talking to older people in Eastern Europe ten years after the cold war had ended. Particularly the astonishing rise in the popularity of the old Communist parties.



Cottage cheese and chocolate
I think this was mentioned in the above as a local delicacy that had been forgotten. I do believe my reaction was similar to yours. So, to prove I don't just sit here in the dark making this all up I went and found this for you. That's your lunch sorted.


WW2 the British interred a German Lion tamer
I think this is my third mention of Lion tamers in a week. Have I missed my calling? As a Leo do I secretly long to be locked in a cage whilst being held at bay with chair and whip by a commanding presence in top hat & spangly waistcoat? (Who doesn't?) 



Fishing isn't all that much about fishing
This is either so profound it's almost Zen or absolute no-nonsense nonsense. I incline to the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment