16.1.10

Notebook 13 Pg 51

-The Notes-

  • 1689 cello - memorial 178
  • Sculpture 18,0000 feet up Everest. We need new explorer
  • WE"RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER PLANET
  • * ESSENCE
  • *enticed as I am by your honeyed words I'm gonna need some kissing
  • The well - source Fountain Head
  • Erase that from your mind
  • Spontaneous moment of exhibitionism
  • male nipple meddling control freak
  • 'like telling someone who is having a wank to think positive'
  • Camp Greek tragedy of a life scribbling petty rehashed truisms
  • "Effectiveness of assertion (is) the alpha and omega of style"  G.B Shaw

-The Commentary-

1689 Cello
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think something important in the world of cello may have happened in this year. Invented maybe? Seems a bit late. It could be the number of cello's I have seen in my life, though this would be a weird even by my sterlingly high standards

Memorial 178
I have a feeling this was another date but I have missed out a number on the end - probably one of the ones between 0 and 9, usually is.

Sculpture 18,000 feet up Everest

Is there one? Go and have a look for me. Cheers.

'WE'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER PLANET'
Ah who doesn't recognise this clever reworking of the 'gonna need a bigger boat' quote from Jaws. Alas the cold light of day reveals it to be little more than the scroodling of an epic egoist.

essence
A nice enough word but does it need writing down with no context at all at all?

'enticed as I am by your honeyed words I'm gonna need some kissing'.
Definitely lifted from a superior sit com of some sort (Frasier, Cheers?) but a great line especially in the face of a bland or rough request for something.

The well source fountain head
A note (unlike its subject matter) that went nowhere.

Erase that from your mind

If this was a note to self it worked.

Spontaneous moment of exhibitionism

If this was a note to self I hope it didn't work.

male nipple
This maybe related to the previous two notes.

meddling control freak

Maybe my mind was having a fight with itself and the last four notes were taken as
evidence for and against.

'like telling someone who is having a wank to think positive'
I see a half formed metaphor in this. I'm guessing it was something about uselessness and that people in the act of having a wank tend to be in a relatively good place (not like a surprise party etc, obviously)

Camp Greek tragedy of a life scribbling petty rehashed truisms
This seems very much like one of my alas none too occasional forays to the islands of self-pity and regret.

"Effectiveness of assertion (is) the alpha and omega of style"
G.B Shaw

A great quote to end a page which I go and ruin by repeating whilst disregarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment