28.1.10

Notebook 03 Pg 98

The Notes
  • A man is not necessarily intelligent because he has plenty of  ideas any more than he is a good general because he has plenty of soldiers - Chamfort
  • Pens, umbrellas, lighters and ideas
  • I'm not a fatalist but even if I were what could I do about it? - Emo Philips
  • A diamond bigger than the Sun  (BPM37093)
  • I refuse to engage in an argument with anyone with an IQ lower than the chair they are sitting in.
  • Forcing film Directors to make directors commentary on awful films they have made.
The Commentary

- Knock Knock
- No, it is you that is wrong
I think I heard this on the Daily Show as an example of Middle Eastern humour. Granted a tad cliched but funny none the less.


'A man is not necessarily intelligent because he has plenty of  ideas any more than he is a good general because he has plenty of soldiers' Chamfort
The fact that I had the chutzpah to write this quote down in amongst hundreds of notebooks containing thousands of ideas proves me to be pretty much as good a General as Idi Amin and probably just as delusional. By the way, Chamfort is an interesting fellow, though his demise was probably not a way many would choose to go, poor man.

Pens, umbrellas, lighters and ideas
A list of things that have a tendency to start out belonging to one person and then frequently change ownership.

'I'm not a fatalist but even if I were what could I do about it?' - Emo Philips
Brevity is the soul of wit.

A diamond bigger than the Sun  BPM37093
This is true. bpm37093 is a star made entirely of compressed carbon which is also known as diamond. Wearing my unapologetic bloke's jaunty angled hat I think all three billion of us men should get off our collective arse, go out and bring it back as a gift because;
    • It would give us a great big project/ task/ adventure to be getting on with
    • It would get us out of the house (off the planet) for a few hours (years) so you could tidy up a bit (repair ecological damage)
    • There would be something for you to look forward to as we came home sheepishly clutching a 1.98892×1,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Kilogram diamond
    • This would surely be the envy of all the other feminine species in the galaxy
I know it's a bit sexist (and of course you are more than welcome to come along on operation 
Sparklefind if you want) but it is great big shiny shiny diamond sexist.

 
I refuse to engage in an argument with anyone with an IQ lower than the chair they are sitting in.
Hah positively Swiftian in its rapier like edge, though I don't think I've ever actually said it to anyone, certainly not twice.


Forcing film Directors to make directors commentary on awful films they have made.
This should be made mandatory. He or she should have to explain what the buggery bollocks they were thinking when they made this 120 minutes of cack and then justify why they thought it ok to make me sit through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment