18.1.10

Notebook 15 Pg 123

-The Notes-




  • That which I do not deserve to love
  • Midnight choir redux
  • In that short window of pain I apply ether balm
  • Unconstructed notes
  • I have demanded it
  • fantastical recompense



Adventursome Miss
we breached the mighty
cave of pretension
laid waste with withering
rapiers of knowing insight
We did have the sex
burn crucible passion
pestle slamming into mortar.
grinding




  • my enemy mon enemy mon ey
  • (Aliley - Camden)
  • Lenny Cohen captured the drunk in the midnight choir but failed to recount the aftermath that to be free means to be afire
-The Commentary-

That which I do not deserve to love
This is like an anthem for all fifteen year old poetry writers who sit alone in their bedrooms as the prelude to a billion good cries - not so good for a grown man.

Midnight choir redux
An uttery shameless attempt to ride upon the coat tails of Mr Cohen

In that short window of pain I apply ether balm
I am not entirely sure where or when the short window of pain occurred but in retrospect the attempt to apply 'ether balm' would probably result in rendering oneself unconscious thus much more likely to fall out the high window of death

Unconstructed notes
A few points for honesty and accuracy I guess,

I have demanded it
I no longer have the a faintest idea what it was that I was demanding or of whom I was demanding from

fantastical recompense
Two great words that do seem to go well together. slightly marred by the fact that in combination they make no sense.


Adventuresome Miss

we breached the mighty
cave of pretension
laid waste with withering
rapiers of knowing insight

we did have the sex
burn crucible passion
pestle slamming into mortar
grinding

Well what can I say about the above that isn't best summed up in the words pretentious twaddle? Not exactly compounding my shining hour if I admit my inability to remember if I ever had the brass cahonjes to inflict this drivel on some poor woman. I can only hope the reference to Miss is a metaphor for muse or art or the feminine goddess or some such...I pray to Miss that is the case. Maybe half a point for the crude sex alchemy imagery. Barry Merlinalow!

My enemy - mon enemy - mon ey
I like what I did or at least was trying to do here.

(Aliley - Camden)
I don't like (or know) what I was trying to do here

Lenny Cohen captured the drunk in the midnight choir but failed to recount the aftermath that to be free means to be afire
:
Oh for heavens sake! Leave the poor man alone Vincent. Go get your own profound lyrics. And whilst we are at it what in the name of Homer's donuts does 'being free means to be afire' mean anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment