6.3.10

Notebook 42 Pg 117

notes
  • Even if it all goes the shape of a multitude of pears, the world changed inside The Crown and Goose - 17th March 1999
  • Thousand yard glare
  • Fluidity of beauty -fleetingness
  • I love the world but its parental
  • All urban social regeneration schemes are battlefield hospitals
  • Squeak Management = does it need oiling or reduction in pressure?

commentary


Even if it all goes the shape of a multitude of pears, the world changed inside The Crown and Goose 17th March 1999
Alas whatever startlingly profound insight that occurred inside this pub on St Patrick's day has stayed there.


Thousand yard glare
A description of that look that morose people drinking alone often adopt, maybe I was looking in a mirror having just realised I had completely forgotten the world changing insight.

Fluidity of beauty -fleetingness
Perhaps the world changing thing I forgot was sublimely beautiful and thus very fleeting. I really do wish I could remember what it was now. 

I love the world but its parental
I stick by this as it allows me to be very harsh but very fair
  
All urban social regeneration schemes are battlefield hospitals
After a decade and a half later of further  experience through involvement with these I still hold this to be true. In fact many schemes in life are operated as a Battle field hospital (like M*A*S*H ) with the concentration having to be on fixing the immediate problems and not as the remote superiors often believe in tackling the long term causes

Squeak Management = does it need oiling or reduction in pressure?
A good way of managing staff which for me worked much better than the traditional shouting and cajoling.

No comments:

Post a Comment