31.3.10

Notebook 48 Pg 173



notes
  • 'Wonderfully divisive' Head of Entertainment C4
  • 'Great to have something that polarises people so much' Head of Entertainment C4
  • 'You know I live in hope that one day we can have a conversation that actually makes sense' Dr Watson to Sherlock Holmes
  • Pigbristles
  • 'Most people who'd rather die than think do so. Bertrand Russell
  • Airheaded impressionables
commentary

'Wonderfully divisive' - Head of Entertainment C4
Alas he was saying this with no sense of irony.

'Great to have something that polarises people so much'  - Head of Entertainment C4
As above, and you can see his point; the world is after all in such desperate, desperate need of more polarisation.


'You know I live in hope that one day we can have a conversation that actually makes sense'
Dr Watson to Sherlock Holmes
I think I had almost forgotten how laced through with dry humour the whole of the Holmes cannon is.

Pig bristles
No idea, though probably best not to come round to my place for dinner if I offer to cook you my pork surprise.

'Most people who'd rather die than think, do so'. Bertrand Russell
I know I have probably written this quote out at least a dozen times in dozens of books and think I will continue to do so until I die.

Airheaded impressionables 
Just a nice phrase that ecapsulate those who allow others to do their thinking for them.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the content of your post. . .thanks a lot for showing it to me..keep it up ..
    vapor recovery tower

    ReplyDelete