- Gently dementing
- Petrol and food goes up, shirts and TV 's go down -
- Africa per capita fallen by 10%
- 2 billion mired in poverty - Robert Wade LSE
- 60% of worlds growth went to top 10%
- "you should have thought of that before your were born poor"
- Humanich theory; aims towards an incorruptable structure immune from the individual will to abuse power and self regulating against tyranny
- Self limit our own power outlet
A phrase that would be nice were it be a fair description of the process of senility but is not applicable in all but a very few cases.
Petrol and food goes up, shirts and TV 's go down
I think I can infer form the subject matter that I was reading/ watching/ listening (I think I am going to replace all these words with 'absorbing' to save time) a report on global economics and the reporter was highlighting the ridiculousness of the unfettered free market system where everyday essentials continued to rise in price whilst the cost of non essential items and luxury goods plummeted.
Africa per capita fallen by 10%
2 billion mired in poverty - Robert Wade LSE
Ah here you go it, was this guy Robert Wade formerly of the IMF and a Development Scholar I sincerely think he know of which he speaks.
60% of worlds growth went to top richest 10%
As above. That is a shocking statistic not matter what way you look at it.
"you should have thought of that before your were born poor"
I believe it was him who used this brilliant phrase to sum up the attitude of many who would prefer to see it as Africa's own fault.
Humanich theory; aims towards an uncorruptable structure immune from the individual will to abuse power and self regulating against tyranny
My response to above as a potential remedy.
Self-limit our own power outlet
Probably what every one of us would probably need to do as individuals, curb our own desires to have make and be more an channel it into the group.