12.2.10

Notebook 03 Pg 37

The Notes
  • 'Nothing will ever make me forget the hideousness of this evening.'
  • Ramises II - 'anyone who reads this will be executed'
  • PINTAWARET
  • Man-orchid
  • Don't come out of the door you went in
  • Philip Kindred Dick
  • Noise driving out signal
  • The homing signal/ beacon is the capacity to conceptualise and understand the need for a  homing signal
  • Hysteron proteron
  • Penguins of mass destruction
The Commentary

'Nothing will ever make me forget the hideousness of this evening'
I'm just hoping this wasn't said by someone at the end of our first, and probably last, date.


Ramises II - 'anyone who reads this will be executed'
From a time when motivational posters really meant something.


PINTAWARET
..and have one yourself barman.?  Sorry, but I have no idea what this means or stands for.

Man-orchid
Beyond this being an idea for a really colourful but delicate super hero I can only think
1) Orchid translates as testicle or 2) I was thinking about a documentary I once watched about an Orchid obsessive man who was captured by FARC guerrillas in the rain forests of S.America. He was held hostage for nine months. later in an interview with his captors they said "We just grew sick and tired of him talking about nothing but bloody orchids, orchids, orchids all the time. The deeper we went into the forest the rarer the orchids which just made him more and more excited. In the end we let him go,"
Now, I've read my fair share of Andy McNab and the rest of the 'Kills & Boom' genre but never once do I remember any member of any Special Force ever mentioning over enthusiastic botany as an escape technique. Here he is .

Don't come out of the door you went in
I believe this is advice for use whilst undergoing deep, esoteric exploration of ones own psyche rather than me having jotted down instructions given whilst passing through a freshly painted room.


Philip Kindred Dick
Who knew that the K in the great, if greatly troubled writer and philosphonaut's name stood for Kindred?

Noise driving out signal
P.K was into information theory which very basically states that genuine communication can only occur between equals. Thus things (or people) that are not tuned in to signals are not going to pick up information (signal) as they will only interpret it as noise.  The technical definition of noise being that which lacks coherence. I will stop now as it is way too early in the ever-at-all for this.

The homing signal is the capacity to conceptualise and understand the need for a homing signal
I seem to recall this as being an original piece of research/ half-baked insight of my own; that maybe Humanity can only find its way home once we understand the importance of homing signals and that when this moment of understanding occurs then we become aware of its signal.  A warning that if you read a lot of PK Dick books you start to think at right angles like this all the time. Beep


Hysteron proteron
"Putting on your shoes and socks" is an example of this, as is the Odyssey.
I promise to give you ten of your basic currency units if knowing this is ever of any use to you.
 
Penguins of mass destruction
Hmm...this might have worked if my name rhymed with Meddy Rizzard.

No comments:

Post a Comment