6.2.10

Notebook 18 Pg 98

The Notebook
  • Clarity day
  •  'I treat everyone the same from World statesman right down to someone I couldn't give a monkeys about'.  Count Arthur Strong
  • I have but one smallish ambition, to give Humanity the gift that pell-mell Prometheus left behind in his haste to exit Olympus. His was the freedom of fire mine is the fire of freedom
  • The endless mighty river that is history.
  • He's nice but not useful - the kind of man who would offer a drowning man a free haircut.
  • I hate slings, I detest arrows and the least said about seas of trouble the better.
  • There's some twat on this train reading the economist. He's perusing a magazine that aims to give a global perspective whilst entirely unaware that his frigging rucksack is prodding and jabbing  all the people two inches from his stupid un-self-aware face.
The Commentary

Clarity day
May as well start as we mean to go on. I am not sure if this was something I was having or if I was suggesting that the world should have one, Like St Patrick's Day only that on Clarity day we could all aim to see things (including ourselves) clearly and rationally so for example my Mum would on this day wake up and say ' Today I realise that I have spent 4/5 of my life being pissy and derogatory to all my children and I will now reform and strive to become a nice person'. Fat chance.

'I treat everyone the same from World statesman right down to someone I couldn't give a monkeys about'.  Count Arthur Strong
Only possible improvement would be changing it to monkey two hoots.

I have but one smallish ambition, to give Humanity the gift that pell mell Prometheus left behind in his haste to exit Olympus. His was the freedom of fire mine is the fire of freedom.
...another large glass of hubris mein host! The thing being that I honestly believe (d) this stuff as I wrote/write it and I know full well it will not be the last time I scribble something so infused with such faux grandiloquent pomposity

The endless mighty river that is history
Its not even as if this is a particularly note worthy phrase is it?


He's nice but not useful - the kind of man who would offer a drowning man a free haircut
I think this is way too good to have originated within my paltry loaf so it has to be Noel or Oscar or some such.

I hate slings, I detest arrows and the least said about seas of trouble the better.
Doing this with this  ain't impressing anyone but yourself Vincent, then again  maybe like the pondering musings of the original I may be being my own worse critic.
        If you have only ever seen or heard the whole 'to be or not to be' soliloquy out of context or had it forced upon you I urge further investigation. It is IMHO in all my studies the finest meditation upon life and the struggles it puts upon us ever written by any human being ever - and all this coming from a man who never ever signed his own name the same way twice!


There's some twat on this train reading the economist. He's perusing a magazine that aims to give a global perspective whilst entirely unaware that his frigging rucksack is prodding and jabbing all the people two inches from his stupid un-self-aware face.
From the sublime to the ridiculous in one short paragraph. He was doing this and it was flipping annoying which is why in true English fashion I chose to display my irkiness by writing it down and saving my rage laced revenge for years to come knowing that one day I would shame him on the interwebs for all to see. Cut to man right now reading  whilst wholly unaware that by my writing this then mentally his stupid prodding rucksack is still jabbing me. Arghh

No comments:

Post a Comment