4.2.10

Notebook 16 Pg 113


The Notebook 

  • Dinner Alone at the Union City Diner, New Jersey
  • Mind shank
  • Beginning to think the phrase 'wise guy' is appropriate
  • Enough velour to refurbish the entire Teletubbie home world
  • The doe-eyed, sloe-eyed, pantie glimpsing fawn with the guy who looked like he'd need to contact customers services to fasten the velcro on his shoes
  • The incredible edible food, leftovers that would feed the rest of the world forever
  • Babblespanic hubble
  • Banquet coats stands
  • Constant demanding, unsure if it is rightful or not
  • Hispanic and Nandu had held a global art competition
  • The Bruce Lee of gits, I kid you not he was shadow boxing whilst ordering, not helped by the do- eyed, slo-eyed beauty who had obviously sneaked out of Pharaoh's bedroom to be with this mobile gristle
The Commentary

Dinner Alone at the Union City Diner New Jersey

Finally a page that alludes to an event with a modicum of continuous narrative.
You have to imagine a Sunday in deep Winter the night as bleak and bitter as a disinherited terminally ill lemon, that I was possibly the only pedestrian in the entire Tri-State area and that I had walked for a good two hours through ice cold rain along streets that resented having to have side walks. Across a nine lane intersection I spied this diner that like a lot of places in America looked like something straight out of a film...

Mind shank
Mentally I was on a real low and this was how I felt the world had treated me or maybe what I wanted to do to the world. I was very cold.

Beginning to think the word wise guys may be appropriate

Already catching suspicious glances as I was the only person who had arrived without veHicular accompaniment I began to have my own worries as I became aware of the demographic nature of my fellow diners

Enough velour to refurbish the Teletubbie home world
This was true, both the banquttes and almost all the patrons had chosen this as their fabric of choice: the furniture had opted for deep red whilst the women sported a more diverse pallet ranging from I-should-not-be-worn-by-anyone-over-nine pink to dripping dipstick brown.  

The doe-eyed, sloe-eyed pantie glimpsing fawn with the guy who looked like he'd need to contact customers services to fasten the velcro on his shoes
This couple were right in my eye line. She was genuinely breathtakingly beautiful and wore her velour track suit bottoms very low so at front and back her G-string came way up above the waist band, (beauty and classy being two entirely different things)  He genuinely looked as if he'd be taking that breath via your flapping windpipe if he caught you noticing. I remember being scared that he would read these notes, I tried to reassure myself that his dining companion's casual display of knickerage probably rendered the existence of anything beyond his oft broken nose negligible.

The incredible edible food, leftovers that would feed the rest of the world forever.

I'm sure anyone who has ever had dinner in the USA is aware of this phenomenon where you can end a meal with more on your plate than you start with anywhere else.

Babblespanic hubble

I don't speak Spanish or Italian beyond the 'yes, no, thanks, excuse me, two beers please,'so this combined with the clink-plate clank of cutlery was the best description of the atmosphere of the place.

Banquet coats stands
Wouldn't be the same if I didn't have at least one line of obvious and /or nonsense.

Constant demanding, unsure if it is rightful or not
An American trait is the self-assured, perfectly within their rights demands that they put on the staff, who, in return for this constant high service, will expect a decent tip. In the UK diners will often struggle after four hours to ask politely whether their starter will be arriving anytime soon?

Hispanic and Nandu had held a global art competition

This could have worked if I knew who Nandu? Do you?

The Bruce Lee of gits, I kid you not he was shadow boxing whilst ordering, not helped by the doe-eyed sloe-eyed beauty who had obviously sneaked out of Pharaohs' bedroom to be with this mobile gristle
I know full well that by this point my lonely shriveled single self was dining alone with only a table of  green eyed monsters for company but I promise you he was really doing this - with the menu flat on the table he was left-jab, right-jab, one-two, one two-ing whilst she looked on in rapturous delight as if nothing in the world could possibly be more scintillating then this display of brute thuggerybuggeryness. Did I mention I was a bit jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment