20.2.10

Notebook 44 Pg 02

The Notes
  • One foot in the bank the other in a big pile of dog sh dirt
  • Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen
  • Grumbleweeds
  • A Quest Fest
  • Neo-Atlantean
  • Survive, win, get home
  • Trafic cone cheese
  • Elvis Presley's chimp died of cirrhosis from being fed bourbon
The Commentary

One foot in the bank the other in a big pile of dog sh dirt
I can't remember who this was alluding to. I wrote it ages before the credit crunch, perhaps I made up a general insult in advance in the hope of retrospectively applying it.There is nothing like a poorly thought out, lazy, unthinking caricuture to press your buttons - here's one from the 1920's
May as well be titled "Ha Ha Ha" said the Giant Fat Cat "I have just eaten your house and children."

Laurence Llewelyn Bowen
This is an obscure reference to him. Aside from making the very occasional positive comment about his championing the return of the frock coat I can't say LLB has ever really entered my psyche.

Grumbleweeds
These fellows even less so.

Quest Fest
If I ever manage to get Quest Fest off the ground, whatever the heck Quest Fest happen to be, rest assured you will be the first to know.

Neo-Atlantean
I think I was trying to say that anyone who subscribes to the theory that Atlantis once or still exists should  remember that back when it was first bandied about by Plato et al it was as a joke, so two thousand years ago they didn't take it seriously yet some people after a further two millennia of history, technology and progress still choose to treat it as fact.  People do find their favorite BS (Belief Systems) difficult to let go, not yours and mine of course, our own BS is entirely reasonable and makes perfect sense.  

Survive, win, get home
Fairly much all that we are all trying to do everyday.

Trafic cone cheese
Nope, I've completely lost me here.  No amount of scratching around the web has provided me with a clue as to what this means. Suggestions welcome.



Elvis Presley's chimp died of cirrhosis from being fed bourbon
Sad story. Notice how this Elvis fan makes light of the poor animal's abuse, and another does too. Blimey  further web searches have opened up a right old can of sideburns on this one. If you have a love of the man I'd probably not read this or this.

Artist's Impression - Elvis is the one in blue.

   



http://tiny.cc/m7XI8 for more of this artists work

No comments:

Post a Comment